Applications for eligibility for government funding are assessed by the Eligibility for Government Funding Committee. The Funding Committee considers each application in relation to the following criteria:
- the projected population of school-age children expected to reside in the catchment area
- the likely impact on other schools within the catchment area
- the extent of unfilled enrolment capacity of other schools operating in the catchment area
- the extent of religious, philosophical, or educational delivery choice in education available to students in the catchment area
- whether the anticipated enrolment of students over five years of operation meets the prescribed minimum enrolment
An application for funding eligibility is included in each non-State school application form.
Further information about grants and allowances for Queensland non-State schools is available on the Queensland Department of Education and Training website.
Last updated 24 November, 2016