Need to update school or governing body details?
Non-State Schools Accreditation Board
The non-State schooling sector is an important part of the State’s education system, representing diverse educational philosophies, and religious and other organisational affiliations.
The Non-State Schools Accreditation Board works predominantly with governing bodies of non-State schools on aspects of accreditation and funding eligibility.
New accreditation legislation
The Education (Accreditation of Non-State Schools) Act 2017 and Education (Accreditation of Non-State Schools) Regulation 2017 commenced on 1 January 2018. Further information is available on the Queensland Government's website:
Key changes include:
- Mandated use of certain curricula, including the use of:
- the Australian curriculum
- other curriculum recognised by ACARA for P to 10
- curriculum recognised by QCAA for 11 - 12
- Removing provisional accreditation: a new, accredited non-State school must meet the requirements for accreditation from the first day the school starts to operate
- Notification of new directors: when a new director is appointed, the governing body must submit details of the new director to the Board within 28 days.
See more changes
Availability of forms and notices for 2018 under new Accreditation Act
Forms and notices approved by the Board for use under the new Education (Accreditation of Non-State Schools) Act 2017 are now available. Relevant documents can also be found on the right-side panel on this page.
- Transitional provisions in effect from 1 January 2018 under new Accreditation Act
The Board has written to all school governing bodies, and proposed governing bodies about the effect on individual existing schools, and undecided applications before the Board, about the transitional provisions under the new Education (Accreditation of Non-State Schools) Act 2017.
School governing bodies seeking clarification or further information about the transitional provisions may direct their enquiries to the Board Secretariat via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or on telephone (07) 3513 6773.
12 January, 2018
- NSSAB Online Services
Log in to view information about your governing body or school, or to submit forms electronically (registered users only)
- NSSAB non-State schools directory
Use the directory to find a non-State school in your local area
- Open data
View copies of the Board's available Open data sets
- Fact sheets
View copies of the Board's fact sheets.
- Forms for new legislation
View forms and notices created in line with the Education (Accreditation of Non-State Schools) Act 2017 and the Education (Accreditation of Non-State Schools) Regulation 2017.