Access keys | Skip to primary navigation | Skip to secondary navigation | Skip to content | Skip to footer |
Problems viewing this site
Home > Complaints


Lodging a complaint with the Non-State Schools Accreditation Board (the ‘Board’)

In the course of performing its duties, the Board receives complaints about non-State schools and/or their governing bodies, as well as about unaccredited schools. The Board is committed to dealing with complaints fairly, objectively, equitably and in a manner that enables due process.

The Board’s responsibilities under the Education (Accreditation of Non-State Schools) Act 2017 (the ‘Act’) include, but are not limited to, monitoring whether non-State schools continue to comply with the requirements for accreditation, and if relevant, eligibility for government funding, under the Act.

The Board also receives and deals with complaints relating to its own performance and its statutory functions. The Board welcomes feedback as an effective and valuable tool in staff and business development enabling it to continually work to improve service delivery.

The Board prefers written complaints, but will accept verbal complaints. Complaints can be lodged by post, email, online or by telephone and may be made anonymously. Reasonable assistance will be provided to complainants if required. This assistance may include help with writing a complaint or by providing services for people with hearing or speech impairments.

For more details about the Board’s complaint management process, please see the following:

Printed copies of these documents are available on request from the Board Secretariat.

How to make a complaint about a non-State school and/or governing body

To submit a complaint, please choose one of the following options:

[top of page]

Making a complaint about the Non-State Schools Accreditation Board

A person or organisation may make a complaint in writing or orally about decisions or actions of:

To submit your complaint, you are invited to write a letter including all relevant details and either post or email it to the Board.

[top of page]

Last updated 30 April, 2019

On this page