Changes from previous year
Changes to the Instructions for completing School Survey Data for Non-State Schools - Queensland
There have been several changes made in 2018 to the document - Instructions for completing School Survey for Non-State Schools - Queensland 2018 [PDF 1.5MB]
The following changes have been made since last year’s Census:
- change of format from two columns to one column to improve readability;
- further clarification concerning Minimum Period (MP) of attendance for part-time students;
- general changes to formatting and wording;
- inclusion of a brief paragraph describing the Census Feedback survey; and
- data on Future Enrolments are no longer collected as a result of legislative changes.
Changes to legislation
New legislation commenced on 1 January 2018:
- the Education (Accreditation of Non-State Schools) Act 2017; and
- the Education (Accreditation of Non-State Schools) Regulation 2017.
The new legislation replaces the Education (Accreditation of Non-State Schools) Act 2001 and the Education (Accreditation of Non-State Schools) Regulation 2001, both of which ceased to have effect on that date.
In addition, the Education (General Provisions) Regulation 2017 commenced on 1 September 2017. Section 18 of that Regulation relates to the age for enrolment in years 1 to 6:
- Age for enrolment in years 1 to 6
- The principal of a State school, or non-State school, may enrol a child in a year of schooling from years 1 to 6 at the school only if the child will be at least 6 years and 6 months on 31 December in the proposed year of attendance at the school.
- Example - A child who turns 6 on or before 30 June in a year will be at least 6 years and 6 months on 31 December in that year.
Last updated 6 February, 2018