Home > Legislation
The Education (Accreditation of Non-State Schools) Act 2017 (the 'Act') and the Education (Accreditation of Non-State Schools) Regulation 2017 determine the operations of the Board.
The statutory objectives of the Act are to:
- uphold the standards of education at non-State schools
- maintain public confidence in the operation of non-State schools
- foster educational choices in the State
The objects of the Act are achieved mainly by:
- establishing the Board
- establishing an accreditation regime for the accreditation of non-State schools
- establishing a process for deciding the eligibility of a non-State school’s governing body for government funding for the non-State school
Other legal requirements may be relevant to the establishment and operation of a non-State school in Queensland, for example, child safety and workplace health and safety. These are available on the Queensland Parliamentary Counsel website.
Last updated 6 December, 2018