What we do
The Board is responsible for:
- Accreditation of non-State schools
- Government funding eligibility
- Assessments of non-State schools
- School survey data collection
- Register of non-State schools
Programs conducted by the Board
The Board conducts the following programs:
- Enrolment verification program
- Review program (formerly Cyclical review program)
- Regional visit program
- Governing body update program
- Positive notice blue card update program
Documents held by Board
The Board generates and has in its custody a wide range of documents held on Board files.
Board files include:
- corporate governance matters for the Board
- completed applications for accreditation status
- Board agenda and minutes of meetings
- incoming and outgoing correspondence
- Board submissions and information/discussion papers
- tender documentation for the engagement of Board assessors and auditors
- various school survey data
There are in excess of 600 Board files. In the main, the files are held at 30 Mary Street, Brisbane. Some files may be held in secure secondary storage off site.
Applications for Government funding
An application (including accompanying documents) lodged by a school’s governing body for Government funding for the school will be made available for inspection by members of the public at the Board office during ordinary office hours of the Board. There is no charge for inspecting an application.
Also, the school’s governing body (i.e. the applicant) is obliged to allow public inspections of applications without charge, during ordinary office hours:
- if the applicant is a company under the Corporations Act — at the applicant’s registered office under that Act; or
- otherwise — at the applicant’s principal place of business in the State
If a person asks the school’s governing body (i.e. the applicant) for a copy of the application, or part of the application, the applicant must give the person the copy without charge. The school’s governing body is not obliged to make available copies of documents that accompanied the application, but may choose to do so.
Publications and reports
Major reports and documents published by the Board.
Forms and notices
Approved application forms and notices required to propose a new school or make changes to an existing school.
Last updated 30 August, 2018