Changes from previous yearFor the 2020 Census, the following substantial changes were made to the document - Instructions for completing School Survey Data for Non-State Schools - Queensland:
- change 'No visa students' section to Students on visitor visas, bridging visas with study limitations or no visa section;
- new chart to identify whether a student is eligible for inclusion in the Census;
- inclusion of an additional Excel workbook to capture data on:
- students not meeting minimum attendance requirements;
- systems and processes used to record enrolment and attendance data;
- updated definitions for Overseas students;
- inclusion of an additional gender 'Unspecified';
- changed requirements around Isolated students; and
- changed requirements for students with disabilities enrolled at a school accredited for special education.
All substantial changes are also highlighted with either UPDATED! or NEW!. Please ensure you familiarise yourself with all definitions to ensure that students entered on the Census form conform to the definitions and requirements in the instructions. The data in the Census form will be validated and may be subject to enrolment verification by the Board’s auditors.
Last updated 29 January, 2020